Silvia Regina Rogatto
- Bachelor and Licenciate in Biology, 1979-1982
- MSc (1983-1986) and PhD (1986-1990) in Cancer Genetics
- Assistant Professor 1990-2011
- Full Professor in Cancer Genetics, 2011-
Professor - Institute of Regional Health Research, SDU, 20016-
- Researcher in precision medicine
- Supervisor of MSc, PhD and postdoctoral students
- Research Area: Genomic and epigenomic alterations in human solid tumors
Clinically oriented topics in cancer research including colorectal cancer
Present and previous positions and activities
- Professor, Urology Department, Medical School, UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Senior Scientist, AC Camargo Cancer Center, Sao Paulo Brazil
- Member of Brazilian Research Council Committees (CAPES, FAPESP, CNPq)
- President of the Brazilian Society of Genetics (1994-1996; 2006- 2008)
- Cooperation in Education and Research: Vejle Hospital and AC Camargo Cancer Center-SP-Brazil
- Excellence Center in Colorectal Cancer, Vejle Hospital
Member of PREMedico, SDU
- National Institute of Science and Technology in Oncogenomics – INCITO.
- Diagnostic and prognostic epigenetic markers in thyroid carcinoma.
- Searching for a predisposition gene in patients with thyroid and breast cancer by exome sequencing.
- Functional studies in penile carcinomas: new molecular targets for therapy.
- CHIBCHA Genetic Study of Common Hereditary Cancers in Spain and the Americas.
- Integrative analyses of rectal cancer to unravel predictors of neoadjuvant treatment response
- Molecular profiling in inflammatory breast carcinomas.
Genetic susceptibility in colorectal carcinomas
- Chairman of 2 International Schools, 4 international Congresses and 21 workshops
- Member of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation - Health Research Area - FAPESP (2007 -2016)
Editorial Board: Applied Cancer Research (ISSN 1808-5512); Editor Associated: Oral Diseases (ISSN 1354-523X); Editorial Board: Braz J Med Biol Res (ISSN: 1414-431X – Section Clinical Investigation)
Publications and activities
See link to Silvia Regina Rogatto's publications and activities on SDU.dk - link