Lillebaelt Hospital has family-friendly working conditions with flexible hours, good salary and an environment challenging you to use your clinical nursing skills and to develop personally.
Lillebaelt Hospital in the Region of Southern Denmark is only one hour from the Danish-German border, close to the international airport in Billund and a two-hour drive from the Danish capital Copenhagen. Lillebaelt Hospital is a medium-sized hospital with 5,000 employees. Among our colleagues are 700 doctors and 1,800 nurses who treat and care for 520,000 outpatients and 60,000 inpatients each year.
Lillebaelt Hospital consists of three specialized units in three difference cities.
- Kolding Hospital - a modern hospital with highly specialized treatment of acute patients with an operating staff of medical specialists 24/7
- Vejle Hospital – leading within cancer treatment and other common diseases and among the best hospitals world wide in treatment outcomes.
- Middelfart Hospital – the region’s spinal and research center
All three units are part of a modern work place striving for quality in treatment and care as well as a good working environment. Your nursing skills will be valued. You are responsible and accountable for your tasks and you will experience a flat hierarchical structure with mutual respect between units, departments and professions.
You will work within a small care unit with close contact to patients and a wide interdisciplinary team of doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other professions.
Your work day offers you exciting and acute tasks within complex patient care pathways in a hospital with a huge patient flow. In this setting, the interdisciplinary team work together to achieve the best possible treatment and care for each patient.
You will be part of our team of both experienced and less experienced colleagues. We value teamwork and social responsibility for each other – injected with a good sense of humour.
We give you intensive and customized introduction to the language, the department and the clinical practice. Professional supervision, mentoring and continuous skills development is part of everyday practice. Together with your colleagues you will be responsible for basic nursing including personal hygiene, nourishment, medication, ward rounds and planning of discharge on 5-6 patients. We introduce you to shared responsibility with the local municipalities under the headline ‘healthcare services close to home’.
Working hours are family-friendly with a 37-hour workweek. We do our best to plan shifts with great consideration to each employee. Your satisfaction is very important to us and results in a good working environment for all. All employees have a say and an impact on the development of the department, organisation and coherent patient flow.
The salary for nurses is good. Accommodation is payable and there is easy access to excellent and affordable child-care – nursery, kindergarten and after school care.
We have a fast-track recruitment process which is thoroughly tested and includes
- two-day recruitment visit before employment
- three-month intensive Danish language course with reduced salary
- customized introduction programme with a mentor
- assistance with application for Danish authorization, tax card, civil registration number, bank account etc.
- assistance with practical issues like accommodation
We ask from you that you
- have some experience working as a nurse
- can work unassisted and are able to make independent decisions
- rate the patient’s perspective highly and enjoy involving both patient and relatives in the pathway
- have high ambitions
- are a team player and mostly in a good mood
- take active part in ensuring a good working environment
- manage basic nursing and find it important
- accept the challenge of complex patient care pathways
- are ready to live and work in a new country
- are a registered nurse in the European Union
We are always looking for talents and we only employ the best.
If you believe you fit our profile, or simply want to learn more about opportunities for employment at our hospital